One Shot Wednesdays
Welcome to One-Shot Wednesdays our D&D Adventurer's League. Each week, adventurers will bring their D&D character along to engage in an adventure in the Forgotten Realms and Beyond.
Whether it is a delve into a dungeon or saving a Barkeep's ale from a band of marauders, adventures will need to work together to overcome the challenges of the night. Each week characters will gain Experience, Gold and Items and advance to become even more powerful. Some will become heroes whose tales will be sung by minstrels for generations to come, while others my turn to evil and eventually become worse than those Tyrants they sought to rid the world of. Whatever your path... Adventure Awaits!
There is no need to come along every week, Adventures can join in when they can, and pick up where they left off.
When: Every Wednesday Night
Where: The Game Forge, 85 George Street, Launceston
Start Time: 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
Entry Fee: $10 per person (Bookings are recommended)
What to Bring
The Following items are suggested, but not required.
- Character Sheet
- Player's Handbook
Each week that you join in you will receive a special Player Boon. This is an effect that you can apply to any of your characters as you play in our One-Shot Campaign.
- Boon of the Creator (Level 1 - 5) - When rolling a new character, for one stat at level one; increasing to five at level five, you may roll 5D6 and drop the lowest two.
- Boon of the Arena (Creature Type) - You receive one fate dice that you may use when fighting a creature type that you have vanquished in The Forge Arena. The fate dice can be used once per long rest.
- Boon of the Master Artisan (Named NPC) - You receive a 10% bonus to trades made through this NPC in The Forge.
- Boon of Foresight - You may now choose which character you would like to run for the night after you have heard the initial introductory story / quest information.
Special Dungeon Master only boons are also available to those Adventurers who step up and choose to run a group for a night.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Races / Classes are Allowed?
To ensure that the characters players bring to the adventure are not too broken, players can choose to create characters from The Player's Handbook; plus, one of the following sources:
- Sword Coast Adventurers Guide
- Volo's Guide to Monsters
- Xanathar’s Guide to Everything + The Tortle Package
- Mordenkainen’s Tome of Foes
What are the Rules for Rolling New Characters?
When rolling Stats, players should roll 6 sets of 4D6 and drop the lowest D6 to give 3D6 (max 18). Players should use the 'starting gold' rules and purchase the items that would like, rather than taking starting equipment.
How much Role Play should I expect?
Players can always choose the level of Role Play that they feel comfortable with, and it certainly isn't required. As a DM, I do very little Role Play for adult groups, but more for kid’s groups.
Please feel free to follow along with our Adventure on the Story page of the Web Site. If you have any hints, tips, plot points & suggestions we would love to know. Please send your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org or join us on Discord.
Special Thanks to Katelynn E Koontz for her help with the production of our ongoing story.